CrossFit Games Widget

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wednesday WOD - Hydration

WOD

For time:
2 ½ laps on the upper IMA track of walking lunges
20 Pushups at each corner

This should be a total of 200 pushups.

HYDRATION
Here’s a good video from CrossFit Endurance about the importance of hydration.
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_AgainFaster_Hydration.mov

Mark Sisson has the view that drinking water may not be so important as getting water through our food, but I'm not so sure. I've always had better performance when I made sure to drink plenty of water, so much so that at times, I've had a gallon-a-day goal. It helped me recover better, feel more energized, and maintain flexibility. Now, am I saying go drink a gallon of water a day? No. But I think that the above clip from CrossFit Endurance successfully underlines the important of staying properly hydrated and we would be wise to heed its guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment